"Precious One" mini album feat Baby Boo papers from Little Birdie

Originally published on 6 Oct 2016 on the Itsy Bitsy blog.

Hi there, craft-y folks,
I told you I could not get enough of Baby Boo. Well! Here’s my second project using the collection and I will proudly admit that though this is a 6×6 inch interactive mini album, I have saved enough paper for another project! Hah! Let’s just say I refuse to see the end of Baby Boo.
Cutting to the chase, here’s my finished project.
 
Video demo here. [Youtube]
I used a common chipboard cover with a Tyvek reinforced spine and a pure Tyvek hinge piece. The chipboard used here came from a ring bound chipboard album from the store (hence the holes). The Tyvek sheet is from my stash.
Here are a few work in progress pics:
I marked the spots where the cardstock is to fold and reinforced them with Tyvek strips. I typically stick to E6000 (glue) for all Tyvek features.
Adding pockets and mats to the base pages–I’ve used coordinating cardstocks from the store (white and aqua) and from my stash (craft, yellow, blue)
The album contains 4 pages, two each of two designs, one of which I have a pictorial tutorial for (below.) The pages are 5 and 3/4th inch square–with 5 and  1/2 inch square inserts.
Page style #1
Page style #2
To make page style #2
    1. Grab a sheet of 12×12 inch cardstock.
    2. Score down at 5 and 3/4 inches. Cut along score line. You should have a 12×5 3/4 inch piece.
    3. Rotate the 12×5 3/4 inch piece so it is placed horizontally on your scoring board and score down at 11 and a 1/2 inches. Cut along score line–discard the 1/2inch strip of cardstock.
    4. Without changing the position of the cardstock, score down at 2 and 7/8th inch (the bar before 3″)
    5. And at 8 and 6/8th inch (the bar after 8.5″ ).
    6. Flip the page on its back, fold along score lines–your gatefold is ready!
7-8. To make this a pocket page, trim your leftover cardstock down to a 5 3/4th inch by 6 3/4th inch piece.
9-10. Score in at half an inch on both sides (on the 6 and 3/4th inch side.)
11-12. Glue the flaps, angle the corners and attach this piece to your base page, leaving two open ends on the sides for the hinge and an insert.
13. Cut a 3 1/2 inch square piece of cardstock to go on the gatefold.
15-16. Cut a 5 1/2 by 6 inch piece of cardstock for the insert–add a decorative edge on the 6 inch side.
17. Here’s what you should have.
Here’s how the inside pages of the album turned out:
That was my project share for today–looking forward to your thoughts!
 
xoxo
Suchi


Comments

Popular Posts