Video tutorial: Prima Debutante itty bitty mini album| Guest DT project for Lulupu

Hi, everyone!

I am very excited to share with you my first Guest DT project and tutorial for Lulupu. You can view the full post and my interview on the Lulupu blog published earlier this week.


Two things that are ruling my crafter consciousness right now are shaker frames (not featured here) and itty bitty mini albums (4x4 inches or smaller). I was wa-i-i-ting to start this project. Luckily for me, July 7 was a holiday for us here in Hyderabad and I got a chance to finish this little charmer--in one day! :D

My bag of goodies from Lulupu included this lovely pack of Prima Royal Menagerie flowers (seen on the cover)--and I just HAD TO use them! Since I did not have the Royal Menagerie collection, I dug around in my Prima stash and found the Debutante collection which was released at the same time as the Royal Menagerie and seemed to coordinate well with the latter.

The album measures 4.25x4.25 inches and the pages measure 4x4 inches. There are four page units, with a 0.5 inch gusset between pages. I have used a pure Tyvek Stack-the-Deck hinge system (designed by Laura Denison of Following the Paper Trail) for this album.







The spine is up-cycled packaging--corrugated brown paper which I painted white with gesso.





The charm closure in held in place by a coordinating brad from the Debutante collection.

I'll quickly take you through the pages and inside flaps before we head to the project share video and tutorial--where I show you how to make each of the pages (with interactivity).

The page build is inspired by Image of the Creator on YouTube. From how far I could check, she does not have a tutorial for pages this size. I figured out the page build myself and modified it to add pockets and tags--I will show you how I went about it. The itty bitty minis featured on swaps by Mini Album Scraps were a great source of inspiration for this album! :)

Page 1



Page 2



Page 3


Page 4



Thanks so much for stopping by today :) I hope you liked my project. If you would like to make a similar album, follow my tutorial on LulupuTV!

xoxo
Suchi



Comments

Popular Posts