My first hardbound mini: Kaisercraft "Honey Chai" 6x6 pocket page mini album

The first ever! This album was made before I knew of archival paper. As a result--even before I completed the album I understood that it will not be useful to store pictures. But I look back to this album as my first creative effort in paper crafting--and it remains very special to me. I particularly remember how smitten I was by the paper line and how Kaisercraft almost ruined all other paper lines for me. Until I discovered Prima, Simple Stories, etc. (And, of course, Graphic 45 which I do not believe I have earned yet.) More about those in future posts...now back to Kaisercraft Honey Chai.

Kaisercraft is a tricky brand to start your scrapping efforts with--they set very high standards in design, quality, and the range of specialty paper, die cuts, and sentiments available to you. Quiet and classy--they can make you a very fussy craft shopper.

How did I pick the paper line? I was planning on a travel album for a friend who had traveled to Kerala in coastal India--a place famous for its breathtaking greenery, its backwaters, and its spice gardens. Kaisercraft's Honey Chai fit the bill perfectly! The spice accents, earth tones--mints, rusts, and browns, and vintage motifs with an abundance of butterflies. 

I followed the 6x6 pocket page mini tutorial by Ginger Ropp of My Sisters Scrapper on YouTube. I have followed other mini album tutorials since, but I just have to add here--Ginger is my absolute favorite teacher. Her tutorials are easy to follow, time-efficient, and ...well...addictive. Head to her channel and you will know what I mean :D

Ok, time for the glamor shots! Hardly glamorous pictures though--these were shot on a phone. Yeah it's been a long road. :D Here is a view of the finished mini album. 






















Back in March 2015, the only tools I had were the Martha Stewart scoring board, a Fiskars 1" circle punch, and a Fiskars lace corner punch borrowed from a friend. In inks, I had the Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain--which I used to ink my edges in this album. Yes, my love for vintage is that old.

Here are a few pictures from the table:


The multiple-pocket page insert for the front inside cover following a tutorial by Laura Denison of Following the Paper Trail:







  
Aren't the papers d-i-v-i-n-e? :) <3


View Laura Denison's Mini Album Multi-pocket Envelope Page Tutorial.

More pictures from the table:
Mirror-image facing pages under construction--I later removed the orange twine you see here, on a fellow scrapper's suggestion. :)







The swing tab you see here was part of the sticker sheet that came in the paper pad. :)

And finally the script and damask papers that took my breath away--I had to make sure I did not leave even a half inch scrap of this paper on the table. Here is the nine-picture-foldout I created for the back inside cover.





Link to the online tutorial for this fold-out coming up as soon as I can recollect whose tutorial I used for this. Sorry!

For this album, typically you would need a 36 page 6x6 inch paper pad. The 6.5x6.5 inch paper pad I used for this album had only 24 sheets of design paper. As a result I was left with no more paper for the photo mats and had to add locally bought cardstock.



So that is all for my Kaisercraft "Honey Chai" 6x6 pocket page mini album.

I hope to have a video demo of this up soon. Watch this space!



Thank you for stopping by. Scrappittarius is only getting to a start now so accept my apologies for the rough edges.

Please leave me feedback (Don't hesitate to tell me I talk too much!) or just a note so I know you were here! It will mean a lot. Thanks!

More soon!

xoxo

Comments

  1. I can't believe this was your first scrapbook! The script and damask papers are indeed breathtaking and so is the nine-page foldout. Waiting to see more posts with more of these beautiful paper lines and mini albums. Love the vintage motifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a note, Tragicomic! I look forward to having more interesting projects to showcase! :) <3

      Delete
  2. Good work Suchismita!! I am sure you'll do good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Quezzer! Really appreciate the note. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts